The University had established a really great educational program, Compass, that was highly regarded by teachers and parents but talked more to them than it did to the kids. The kids needed something (a brand? A website?) they could identify with and relate to.
Brand and content strategy were huge components of the project. We facilitated collaborative, co-design workshops with other stakeholders to gather everyones input and carve out a unified direction for the project. We also conducted user research by spending time with the very audience our website would target. We distilled the insights from these sessions to inform our content strategy.
We took a ‘content-first’ approach, prioritising thought-provoking and engaging content because we knew that creating a website with an alternative flavour was going to be important to it’s readers. We know that keeping up with the ever-evolving tastes of kids these days meant producing dynamic, regularly-refreshed content.
Sometimes a project needs continual fine-tuning. The A* kids demanded dynamic, regularly-refreshed content, it’s what set our clients against their competitors so taking a ‘set and forget’ approach just wasn’t an option. Once A* was released into the wild we made regular check-ins to get feedback from real users in real time and make sure that we’re constantly evaluating and aligning with the University’s strategy.